Plans for a McDonald’s restaurant and drive-thru on the outskirts of Bourne were approved today (Tuesday).
South Kesteven District Council’s development control committee approved the plans for the 96-seat restaurant, off South Road, next to the Texaco filling station.
The chain has said it intends to employ 65 full and part-time staff, most of them from the Bourne area.
Planning officers had recommended approval but it was referred to the committee because the plans were considered to be “locally controversial”.
A report said there had been 31 letters objecting to the plans and 11 in support.