Free workshops are being laid on to allow community groups to find out how to successfully apply for a new £300,000 fund.
The new South Kesteven Community Fund, offered by South Kesteven District Council, is designed to support the development and creation of community amenities, buildings, events and community enterprise.
Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service is running workshops to offer guidance on completing application forms for the fund to ensure they include all relevant information to boost chances of success.
Marie Chapman, LCVS senior volunteering and community development officer, said: “South Kesteven District Council has asked us to help ensure this money gets to where it is needed most.
“We know how daunting applying for funds can be and no-one wants that to be a barrier.
“These workshops will help those people who have ideas for projects to benefit their community to ensure they give all the necessary information to the decision makers to allow them to support the projects that will deliver real results.”
There are four categories of Community Projects that can claim in the range of £500 - £10,000:
1. Community Amenities - outdoor facilities such as ‘Multiple Use Games Areas’, shelters, recreation areas, orchards, heritage, footpaths etc.
2. Community Buildings - Repairs, maintenance and alterations to village halls and other public buildings, contributions to new build community buildings and the purchase of equipment to be used in community buildings.
3. Community Enterprise -Projects which generate an ongoing revenue stream for a community such as community owned pubs, shops, cafes, and community tourism initiatives.
4. Supporting Communities - Supporting the work of organisations who support communities, including social enterprises, support organisations and Community Led Planning groups (to support the delivery of projects in their Community Led Plans).
Additionally there is a separate category, with a separate application form, for Community Events that can claim in the range of £200 - £5,000:
5. Community Events - Community celebrations, sports events, street festivals, arts and cultural events
To sign up for one of the workshops go via the relevant link.
* Thursday 17th September 2015 – 2pm to 4pm – Wake House, Bourne
* Wednesday 23rd September – 2pm to 4pm - Autumn Park Business Centre, Grantham
* Thursday 24th September – 10am to 12pm - Sir Isaac Newton Memorial Hall, Woolsthorpe by Colsterworth
* Tuesday 29th September – 6pm to 8pm – Autumn Park Business Centre, Grantham
* Tuesday 29th September – 11am to 1pm – Billingborough Village Hall, Billingborough
* Wednesday 30th September – 2pm to 4pm – Stamford Town Hall, Stamford
If you have any questions about whether this workshop is for you then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org