Dog killed in house blaze in Grimsthorpe

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

A dog was sadly killed in a fire which accidentally broke out at a home in Grimsthorpe on Tuesday night.

After a call at 7.49pm, Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue sent appliances from Corby Glen, Bourne, Grantham, Billingborough and Market Deeping to tackle the house blaze on Main Road, Grimsthorpe. The incident was later scaled down to three pumps in attendance.

The fire caused severe damage to one wooden cupboard and floor boards in the living room of the semi-detached house, while there was severe smoke damage to the entire house.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire using two hose reel jets and four breathing apparatus.

The cause has been identified as accidental. All persons were safely evacuated, but a dog sadly died in the blaze.