Teen’s fight with ex lands him in court

Crime and court news.
Crime and court news.

A teenager’s fight with his then girlfriend which was caught on CCTV, has led to him receiving a conditional discharge.

Peter Hudson, 19, of Burghley Street, Bourne, appeared before Grantham magistrates on Monday and pleaded guilty to using threatening, abusive, insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of, or to provoke, unlawful violence.

Prosecutor Daniel Pietryka told the court that the incident at North Street, Bourne, started at around 1.50am on December 27.

The defendant and his former girlfriend were captured on CCTV, with the female identified as being drunk at the time.

“They were shouting, screaming and wrestling with each other,” said Mr Pietryka, “She was wanting the defendant to leave her alone.”

By the time police arrived the fight had led to Hudson kicking ‘street furniture’. He was arrested and during interview admitted that he had used ‘more than reasonable force at the time’ added Mr Pietryka.

Giving an account of the events in court, Hudson said that his girlfriend had been drinking throughout Boxing Day, before deciding to go out with others.

He then received a call from his mother asking him to take his girlfriend home because ‘she was passed out’.

However she was awake when Hudson arrived at The Nag’s Head pub, and an argument ensued. “She kept falling down deliberately. It really got on my nerves. It ended up with me losing it,” said Hudson.

“She went into the middle of the road, and I grabbed her out of the way.

“It was after she shouted something that I kicked the bin. I took off my jacket and I went for her. I grabbed her and she broke my necklace which my mum had bought me for Christmas,” he said. “My mum told me to stop it but I pushed her away.”

Magistrates said they took into account that there was ‘significant provocation’, and gave Hudson a conditional discharge for 12 months. He must also pay £85 in prosecution costs, and a £15 victim surcharge.