Bourne house fire caused by cigarette

Lincs Fire and Rescue News.
Lincs Fire and Rescue News.
Share this article

A fire caused by a cigarette caused severe damage to a home.

Four fire crews were called to Hereward Street in Bourne at about 6.30pm on Tuesday last week. A fire had started in the garden of the house and spread to the building, damaging windows, fascias, roof trusses, the rear door and the garden fencing.

No-one was hurt in the fire but the house is currently uninhabitable. Firefighters said the fire was caused by a cigarette.