The Wakes have reinstated Darren Munton as first team manager until the end of the season.
The club were expected to name a new manager after Munton resigned.
The club released a statement on Tuesday saying: “After a full meeting last night the committee of Bourne Town FC have, after interviewing three excellent candidates, decided to postpone the naming of the new manager until the end of season.
“Darren Munton will remain as interim manager.”
Munton handed in his resignation to the club two weeks ago after his side lost 4-0 to Eynesbury on December 28.
Munton, who has been involved with the Wakes as a player, coach or manager for more than 20 years, had previously quit the ChromaSport UCL Division One earlier this season only to be reinstalled a few days later after a meeting with officials.
Munton said: “I have always said I would not walk away and leave them in trouble.
“They [the committee] have got someone in mind but he can’t take the job at the moment.
“It seems to make sense, with 13 games left, to take it on until the end of the season.
“We still have got a lot to play for and we have got some very winnable matches coming up.
“The lads are all really up for it.”
Bourne are currently in 20th position in the 22-team league.
Munton added:“If we finish outside the bottom three the new man coming in will be able to prepare the team knowing they will be playing in the UCL.”
Bourne’s committee have come under some criticism following the saga around the manager’s position but Munton came to their defence this week.
He said: “There are six or seven people on the committee who work tirelessly to keep the club where it is and they do a good job.”
“When I step down I will be involved in some way behind the scenes because I enjoy that.”
The Wakes are due to face Wellingborough Whitworth, who are currently one place above them in the league, at home on the Abbey Lawns on Saturday, kick off 2pm.