Bourne Town delay new manager announcement while ‘excellent’ candidates are considered

Want your club featured in the paper and online? Call our sportsdesk on 01780 758962 or e-mail smeditor@stamfordmercury.co.uk
Want your club featured in the paper and online? Call our sportsdesk on 01780 758962 or e-mail smeditor@stamfordmercury.co.uk
0
Have your say

The Wakes have delayed the announcement of their new manager while the club’s committee consider who to appoint.

Last night (Thursday) the Bourne Town held interviews for the position after advertising for a new first team manager.

The Wakes’ current manager Darren Munton handed in his resignation to the club last week after his side lost 4-0 to Eynesbury on December 28.

Two candidates have been interviewed for the role.

Club secretary Bob Lambert said: “The applicants are so good we need to go away this weekend to discuss who to appoint as a committee.

“The quality of both candidates was excellent.

“We really need to get it right so we are going to take a bit more time about it.”

Lambert said the club would make an announcement by Thursday at the latest.

Current manager Munton, will manage the side tomorrow for perhaps the last time tomorrow (Saturday) when Bourne travel to Wellingborough Whitworth in the ChromaSport UCL Division One.