James is delighted by his best race yet
Manthorpe’s James McCrae raced to one of his best results in the Midlands Counties Cross Country Championships at a snowy Stafford Common on Sunday.
The 15-year-old, who runs for Nene Valley Harriers, finished an impressive 18th out of 67 finishers in the U17 mens race.
Although the organisers were determined to ensure that the event went ahead, some of the races took place over shortened courses and the conditions clearly took their toll on the competitors with relatively slow times winning races.
James was targeting a top 30 finish and, up against several athletes who had competed a week earlier at national races at Cardiff, was delighted with his time of 19m05s over the 5k course.
James said: “That was probably the toughest race I’ve ever run and I can’t believe I’ve finished that high up.”
James’s next race is the Anglian Schools Championships before he targets the National Cross Country Championships in Sunderland later in February.
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Team succeeds in primary school football tournament
- Burghley Street car park in Bourne will close for redevelopment work
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bourne
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west