Words of praise for county’s gritters
The county’s team of gritters have been praised by councillors and members of the public.
Lincolnshire county council’s executive member for highways and transportation William Webb (Con) led the praise for the team’s work during the winter weather.
He said: “Each year, we rely on them to keep the roads clear of snow and ice and each year they perform admirably.
“It’s a hard, dangerous job and we’d be lost without them.”
People have also been praising staff on the council’s Twitter account.
Coun Webb added:“It’s great to see that the public have recognised their hard work. I would also like to express my sincere gratitude. On behalf of the county council and the people of Lincolnshire, thank you.”
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Burghley Street car park in Bourne will close for redevelopment work
- Team succeeds in primary school football tournament
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bourne
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west