Bourne Grammar School pupils celebrate top marks in new qualification
Pupils are celebrating after receiving their results from their Extended Project Qualification.
Forty-three members of Year 13 at the grammar school undertook the EPQ qualification, which is equivalent to half an A-Level and is increasingly being valued by universities as they make their offers to applicants. Fifteen of the 43 were awarded an A*, a further 10 achieved A grades and 75 per cent achieved at least a grade B.
Headteacher Jonathan Maddox said: “EPQ is regarded highly by many universities.
“The students concerned have given themselves, through their hard work, another edge in the competition for the best courses in higher education and beyond.”
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Burghley Street car park in Bourne will close for redevelopment work
- Bourne Grammar School team claim second in contest
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North