Firefighters tackled a house fire in Uppingham during the early hours of this morning (Sunday, July 24).
Crews from Oakham, Corby and Billesdon were called to the bedroom blaze at a terraced property in Hornbeam Lane.
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the fire just after 11.30pm yesterday.
Firefighters tackled the blaze using one hose reel, one covering jet and two breathing apparatus. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke.
The ambulance service attended to one casualty suffering from shock. Their condition wasn’t known at the time of going to press.
A Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental. The blaze destroyed a bed, with extensive smoke damage to the bedroom and the rear of the property.