People flock to Dole Wood guided tours
MORE than 200 people visited Dole Wood on Sunday to explore its natural beauty.
The annual event held by Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust brought people together to take guided tours of the wood near Thurlby.
Children searched around for hidden ribbons as part of a quiz, with winners getting a free badge for their efforts.
Dole Wood volunteer nature reserve manager Dave Vandome said: “It was a good day. The woods were in splendid condition with all the wild flowers in bloom.
“It is a little jewel because it has thousands of bluebells out at this time of year and is quite stunning.
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Burghley Street car park in Bourne will close for redevelopment work
- Bourne Grammar School team claim second in contest
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North