Lincolnshire schools told to check meat source with meal providers
A council has advised schools to get in touch with meal providers and check the source of their meat.
Lincolnshire County Council took the steps in the wake of the horsemeat scandal.
Assistant director of the Centre for British Teachers’ Education Trust Keith Batty said: “Schools have their own contracts with local providers using food sourced locally. All school meal providers are being checked for any contamination.
“At present, investigations have revealed no provider to have contaminated meat including the main provider of school meals in Lincolnshire.”
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Burghley Street car park in Bourne will close for redevelopment work
- Bourne Grammar School team claim second in contest
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North