Police issue warning after thieves target catalytic converters in The Deepings, Bourne and Thurlby
Police are warning 4x4 drivers in The Deepings, Bourne and Thurlby after a spike in catalytic converter thefts.
Over the past week, cars in these areas have been targeted and officers are urging the public to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity around vehicles immediately.
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said: “Detailed descriptions of suspects and registration numbers of the cars they are using are particularly useful to officers in terms of tracing offenders.”
Police are also urging 4x4 owners and van owners to get their catalytic converters security marked and to display stickers on their vehicles saying this has been done.
For advice on avoiding catalytic converter theft, visit www.lincs.police.uk
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Burghley Street car park in Bourne will close for redevelopment work
- Bourne Grammar School team claim second in contest
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bourne
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west